In Case of a Bomb Threat
The Bomb Threat Checklist is a yellow card, prepared by the Oregon State police, that you can hold up to alert your coworkers that you have received a bomb threat. It contains the same questions listed below and can be kept by or under your phone so you're immediately ready in case of an emergency. Order the forms by Public Safety (541) 737-3010.
If you receive a bomb threat:
- Check the exact time.
- Listen carefully to the caller's voice.
- Write down the caller's exact words.
- Use the Bomb Threat Checklist. (Located on the "Red Emergency Procedures Manual" Flip Chart.)
- Ask questions, particularly about:
- Location of device
- Time of detonation
- Type of device
- Listen for background noices.
- Note the time the caller hangs up.
- Hang up the phone and immediately call Oregon State Police at (541) 737-7000.
CALL 911 or Public Safety Emergency line at (541) 737-7000 and report:
- Your name.
- Location and telephone number you are calling from.
- The situation.
- Location of the device, if known.
- Time it is set to detonate, if known.
- Type of device, if known.
- Exact time you received the call.
- Any other information on the Bomb Threat Checklist.
Sources for Updates:
- Oregon State University Information Line (541) 737-8000.
- Alerts on Oregon State University home page.